It’s officially fall. So grab something pumpkin-flavored and enjoy today’s stories!
1. The email scam you should be aware of. The FBI has issued two warnings in the last two weeks about a fraud scheme that is gaining momentum – and attacks the business of the individuals who are being compromised. The warnings state that since January, the number of victims has nearly tripled, at an increase of 270 percent. Victims have been reported in all 50 U.S. states and across 79 different countries. More than 8,000 people have been affected, totaling $800 million in losses.
2. Our brains trust brands the same way we trust our friends. There’s a few Volkswagen jokes in that statement, I know. But this week’s reminder that brand matters comes to us in the form of this Fast Company article. Our brains associate an image with brands that assigns a value to it, basically putting it at the same level as an actual person. (Which is why brand personality is such a critical part of the brand pyramid.)
3. Speaking of our friends, how many of them can we have without forgetting them? Great question, right? The answer, in short, is ‘about 150’. But the reason for the answer is the more interesting part. The brain is fascinating.
4. LEGOs could be the most important resource to your business needs. Hey, if Cambridge University can hire a LEGO Professor of Play, Education and Learning, you can take a few minutes to play through your next unsolvable problem. Seriously, I’m going to Target later today to load up.
5. Are your habits making you less productive? [Video] This one minute video shows you how you may not be as efficient as you think when managing everything from meetings to your lunch break.
In case you missed it last week, our CEO, Jan Gusich, offered her opinion on the state of Volkswagen and what they should’ve done to avoid being in this situation in the first place. It received a lot of positive feedback so I wanted to make sure you had a chance to check it out.
One Question, One Answer will be back next week! Until then, you can get caught up here.