(Fully Remote Position)
Ready to join a talented, collaborative, and dynamic team with the flexibility of a full remote position?
akhia, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is seeking a service-oriented, forward-thinking Account Director to add to our growing team. The individual who fills this role will help manage and lead our growing client base of B2B and B2C accounts by leading client strategy sessions, developing plans, helping oversee and manage the day-to-day account activities on multiple accounts in addition to other projects assigned. This individual in this role will have an opportunity to act as a strategic lead on agency account teams and manage high-level projects, as well as other projects assigned. Depending on the account, the Account Director could be serving as the account lead or could be working to provide strategic support and planning for the account.
- Develop, execute and maintain marketing communications plans, programs and campaigns; project work plans; schedules and budgets
- Support strategy on projects that ladder up to client business goals, helping grow opportunities for the client and also grow the business for the agency
- Manage an assortment of projects through the agency, requiring process and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to manage other members of account teams and bring in other agency groups (creative, content, digital) as needed
- Lead creative brief development while ensuring the brief is on brand and on message for campaign/creative development
- Lead and/or assist with facilitation of client meetings and presentation of deliverables, from strategic plans to creative concepts
- Prepare project proposals and estimates, communicate scope to client and manage progress ensuring projects complete on time and within budget
- Manage multiple projects at once ensuring quality work for clients, often under tight deadlines
- Monitor all work and project hours to ensure brand standards are being met and jobs are completed within scope
- Lead quarterly forecasting meetings to review previous successes and project where your lines of business are headed in the future
- Build and nurture team, client and account relationships
- Build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and their competitors’
- Provide market feedback as it relates to competitors, new products and trends
- Identify client business needs and proactively present opportunities to channel leaders
- 7+ years of public relations, marketing, integrated communications or agency experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- Preferred communications experience will include a mix of integrated campaigns, media relations and thought leadership, social media, influencer programs, email marketing, internal communications, corporate communications, event planning and support, branding and/or support of digital programs. Demonstrated involvement in planning and strategy a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills (must be demonstrated through examples)
- Candidate must have a client-first attitude, team orientation, strong work ethic and demonstrate strong account management skills
- Highly organized and detailed, with the desire to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage numerous tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, internally and externally
- Adhere to the akhia core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
Inclusive Employee Benefits:
- Consistently requires sitting for most of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
- Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
- Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job-related documents to carry out job duties
- Medical (PPO or HSA), Dental, Vision Plans
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Schedule for work/life balance: option to work 4 or 5 days a week, balanced to fit your needs
- Fully remote workforce
- Monthly office stipend
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) including:
- Vacation-accrual based on length of service
- 10 holidays PLUS last week of December paid!
- Paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings options with company match
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Mentoring opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Financial wellness program
- Community outreach and social responsibility program
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Fun company gatherings hosted by our Culture Committee, both virtual and in person!
There is no place like it. We are highly motivated, talented, experienced and fun—and we thrive when we are helping our clients and each other succeed. You will learn, grow and enjoy working alongside some of the best in the business.
akhia is the recipient of seven Top Workplace awards, and has received Weatherhead 100 awards, the Smart Culture award, and the Best Employers in Ohio award.
akhia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other form of discrimination determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.