(Full Time, Remote Position)
Ready to join a talented, collaborative, and dynamic team with the flexibility of a fully remote position?
akhia, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is seeking a driven, highly motivated Account Executive who can handle changing priorities with ease in a fast-paced agency environment serving a range of B2B and B2C accounts. As a key member of the account team, this person is on the front lines of client service and will serve as the primary contact between client and agency on a daily basis with support from the account team. The Account Executive will be responsible for, but not limited to, building, managing and growing client relationships while exceeding clients’ business and marketing objectives. Applicants for this role should have experience in PR/media relations with an ability to craft compelling media pitches to generate earned media coverage in local and national consumer and trade media outlets.
- Execute tactical aspects of strategic marketing communications programs and campaigns, and media relations efforts including, programming news releases, maintaining media lists and identifying editorial opportunities.
- Write and utilize briefs and other workflow documents to communicate project details and updates to appropriate agency teams
- Maintain comprehensive weekly status reports, lead and participate in status meetings, client meetings and client calls, when applicable
- Lead and participate in status meetings, client meetings, client calls and client presentations
- Actively develop media lists, craft story angles and proactively pitch local and national media, including consumer and trade outlets and own media relationships, when applicable
- Provide client service administrative support; draft meeting agendas, compile action items, schedule meetings and manage logistics
- Oversee numerous projects, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met
- Manage projects with creative, content, and digital teams from project conception to delivery of final files to client
- Prepare monthly client billing reports
- Collaborate with all agency teams to develop strategic solutions to client challenges
- Build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and their competitors’
- Continuously bring new ideas and suggestions to clients that fit their product, company and business needs
- Actively participate in professional development, training, meetings, and agency meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in PR, marketing or communications, preferably in an agency.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in national consumer and/or B2B media relations, strategic planning and strong writing capabilities
- Familiarity with Cision and Critical Mention is a plus
- Comfortable serving on the front lines of client service, interfacing with senior agency colleagues and senior client management
- Exhibit a can-do attitude
- Highly organized and detailed, with ability to manage numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate account management skills – proactive, driven, and forward-thinking
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
- Adhere to the akhia core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
- Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
- Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
- Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
Inclusive Employee Benefits:
- Medical (PPO or HSA), Dental, Vision Plans
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Schedule for work/life balance: option to work 4 or 5 days a week, balanced to fit your needs
- Monthly office stipend
- Fully remote workforce
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off) including:
- Vacation-accrual based on length of service
- 10 holidays PLUS last week of December
- Parental Leave
- Retirement savings options with company match
- Annual profit-sharing bonus
- Employee referral bonus
- Mentoring opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Financial wellness program
- Community outreach and social responsibility program
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Fun company gatherings hosted by our Culture Committee, both virtual and in person!
There is no place like it. We are highly motivated, talented, experienced, and fun—and we thrive when we are helping our clients and each other succeed. You will learn, grow, and enjoy working alongside some of the best in the business.
akhia is the recipient of seven Top Workplace awards, and has received Weatherhead 100 awards, the Smart Culture award, and the Best Employers in Ohio award.
akhia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other form of discrimination determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.